Choosing The Right Frontend Framework – Angular vs React vs Vue
Why do we need frontend frameworks?
The popular frameworks are React, Angular, and Vue. There are some similarities and some key differences among these frameworks. It means that for development, the right choice is essential because it can impact the project’s outcomes.
The right framework can influence the performance of the application, its compatibility with other technologies, and the cost of development.
We will discuss the three frameworks briefly, the differences, similarities, and the technical and business aspects to consider while decision making.
What is Angular?
The Angular framework, being the oldest one, was developed in 2010. Since 2010, it has gone through several transitions. This platform is open-source and uses TypeScript and HTML to build single-page web applications.
Pros and Cons of Angular
There are several factors that you can consider while making the right choice of framework. There are some pros and cons of Angular that you can go through and finalize whether it is suitable for your business or not. Companies like Freelancer, YouTube, Google, AWS, Upwork, etc. are using this framework.
The angular framework has the following advantages:
- It is an MVC framework that makes the developers write well-organized code that is useful in complex projects.
- Google supports it and makes it a reliable framework to work with.
- The two-way data binding minimizes the risks associated with possible errors and is beneficial for simple applications.
The angular framework has the following disadvantages:
- It offers different structures like pipes, injectables, etc. which makes it harder to learn as compared to other frameworks that use a component approach.
- It exhibits slow performance as it deals with the real document object model, but this issue can be handled by controlling the rendering process manually.
- While moving to the latest version, a migration issue might appear.
What is React?
Pros and Cons of React
Being the competitor to Angular, it has the following advantages and disadvantages that you can go through and finalize whether it is suitable for your business or not. Companies like Facebook, Dropbox, Netflix, etc. are using this framework.
React has the following advantages:
- It is easy to learn and lightweight.
- It is fast because the virtual DOM of React is implemented in this, so the rendering process is controlled.
- It provides code’s reusability due to the component approach, so complex projects can be developed easily.
- It is highly flexible and provides maximum responsiveness.
React has the following disadvantages:
- It is a non-complying technology, where developers need to choose designs themselves.
- It keeps updating constantly which makes the latest documentation availability difficult.
- It uses JSX which can cause a barrier in learning for some new developers.
What is Vue?
Pros and Cons of Vue:
Being the competitor to Angular and React, it has the following advantages and disadvantages that you can go through and finalize whether it is suitable for your business or not. Companies like Grammarly, Alibaba, Xiaomi, etc. are using this framework.
Vue has the following advantages:
- It is based on the MVC framework that makes you write well-organized code while developing complex applications.
- The templates of Vue are in HTML that is easily readable even if you have no programming knowledge.
- Due to virtual DOM implementation, the apps develop in Vue exhibit the highest performance.
- It is easy to learn.
Vue has the following disadvantages:
- It is less popular compared to React and Angular frameworks.
- Due to fewer users, fewer libraries have been developed to enhance the functionality of the framework.
- There is a risk of over-flexibility while integrating the huge projects.
|Prefer for applications||Cross-platform, enterprise applications, hybrid mobile apps||Dynamic applications, single page, native apps||Dynamic, high-performance applications, single page apps|
|Functionality||Extensive functionalities||Popular libraries||Libraries with limited functionalities|
|Syntax||Real DOM||Virtual DOM||Virtual DOM|
|Scalability||Modular-based approach||Component-based approach||Template-based approach|
|Suitable for Projects||More complex||complex||smaller|
|Code Reusability||Allowed||Not allowed||Allowed|
|Support and community||Supportive Community||Most widely used||Growing and evolving|
How to choose the right framework?
When to choose Angular?
- To develop complex and large projects.
- For reliable and easy scalability.
- If you can spare some time to learn TypeScript before starting the project.
When to choose React?
- If you can use reusable components in your project.
- The front end of the project is easy and not complex.
- For critical scalability and performance
- If you are working under tight deadlines.
- For native mobile applications.
When to choose Vue?
- For the projects with a small scope.
- If you need high performance.
- If you do not have enough time to learn any new technology.
Algoscale utilizing Angular, React, and Vue
We hope that this article has provided you the insights into all three frontend frameworks. Each framework has its advantages and limitations, based on the scope of your applications being developed.
Each framework has been developed for different applications but various third-party applications can be used to add more functionalities.
There is no need to use React to build a static application, but for dynamic applications. Angular can be used to build applications with extensive structures, hybrid and progressive applications. While Vue is a combination of both Angular and React, with high performance, and is expanding gradually in the technological domain.
Based on the complexity of the project, you can consider the right framework into account to deliver the best software application. Algoscale can assist you in choosing the right framework. So, based on the requirements and scope of the project, we can help you to choose the best framework as per your needs.