A lot of you must have heard of the term agile software development. Essentially, it is a software development approach that focuses on rapid and iterative development with small and incremental steps. The effective approach makes it easy for enterprises to deliver enhanced value to their customers more quickly and efficiently.
Within the Agile software development model, cross-functional and self-organizing teams work together to deliver small increments of work instead of wagering everything on a ‘big bang’ launch. They divide the entire software application into smaller pieces that are built, tested, and deployed in regular iterations. This enables enterprises to reflect on their work and make improvements to the application in real-time.
Statistics reveal that companies that have successfully adopted Agile have experienced an average of 60% growth in their revenue and subsequent profit. Additionally, the agile approach has improved software delivery for 64% of business enterprises. Staggering numbers, isn’t it?
In today’s blog, we will talk about how you can bring enhanced efficiency to your business by opting for agile software development with Django and Python. The two can help to digitize your business operations, resulting in much better outcomes. Read on to know more.
About Django and Python
The Python programming language and the Django web framework are two of the most widely used software nowadays. As Python is a programming language, Django is a fantastic web development framework for it, owing to its immense simplicity and flexibility.
Let’s look at the two in greater detail.
Python is a high-level programming language that enables software developers to create dynamic web applications. It is a simple language that looks quite similar to the English language, thus making it easier for beginner-level developers to experiment with it. It features a modular architecture that facilitates quick development, testing, and deployment.
Most Notable Features of Django
- Open Source: This web application framework is free and open source. In other words, it is freely available for download to the public. This brings down the overall cost of app development for the developers.
- Excellent Documentation: Django has great documentation in comparison to most other open-source technologies. This means there is an extensive library for every developer where he can look for any desired functionality and incorporate it into their own application.
- Vast and Supported Community: Django has a vast community of many talented developers who dedicate their time and resources to constantly improve the software foundation.
- Versatile: Django is a versatile web framework that enables developers to create different types of applications, including social networking apps, scientific computing platforms, content management systems, etc.
Benefits of using Django for Software Development
A lot of companies opt for Django software development for the following reasons:
- It offers tailor-made templates: Django comes with a vast range of built-in templates. These templates have everything such as managing sessions, URL routing, HTML, and even object-relational mapping.
- It ensures rapid development: Django enables developers to easily integrate with other applications. Besides, Django has the ability to create an administrative panel all by itself, thus saving the time required to develop it manually. This expedites the development process.
- It offers enhanced security: Django is fundamentally developed to take care of all security mistakes that developers may unintentionally cause while writing the code. In the framework, security and data privacy settings are enabled by default. There are several in-built modules for handling typical security problems such as request forgery, clickjacking, cross-site scripting, etc.
- It offers scalability: In Django, the development system is highly extensible. This means the developers aren’t restricted to a specific set of predefined tools only. They can benefit from the comprehensive documentation and scale their software, as and when the requirement arises.
How Django works and its architecture
Let’s look at these components in detail.
- Model: The model is a part of the web application that serves as a link between the database and the user’s interface. This component is responsible for implementing logic for the app’s data domain.
- View: As per Django’s architecture, this module contains the UI logic. The view is the web app’s UI which integrates elements such as CSS, HTML, etc.
- Template: A template comprises static parts of the preferred HTML output along with some distinct syntax that explains how dynamic content will be inserted. In other words, templates come in handy when you need to create a dynamic website to perform a complex function.
Implementing Agile Software Development with Django and Python
Agile software development methodology provides a flexible approach to development. It enables developers to bring down costs and increase productivity.
The combination of Django and Python helps developers build complicated enterprise solutions with ease. Right from dynamic mobile and web applications and GUI solutions to game development and data science embedded systems, Django and Python support all kinds of software development projects. Consequently, they need an approach that offers unmatched results.
Agile with Django and Python development is an excellent combination of technology and methodology. Python web development teams perform incredibly well and obtain results when utilizing agile methodology. It is an approach to software development that leads to rapid, feature-packed, and high-quality products.
In agile development, teams consider every sprint as an individual project. They make iterations in the product with every sprint, thereby improving its quality all along. This way, enterprises don’t have to wait until the entire project is complete to make modifications. With more flexibility and freedom, agile together with Django Python development services the ideal combination for powering dynamic products.
Digitizing Business Workflows with Django and Python
Both Django and Python are loaded with features that can simplify business workflows and ease the process of developing new apps. Python being the web development solution and Django being the backend framework, the combination offers all solutions essential for streamlining custom software development services.
Django is among the leading web frameworks as it comes with over 4,000 packages to help developers conduct activities such as testing, debugging, etc. with ease. The framework also combines artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics to provide the most updated solutions.
Both Django and Python offer multiple benefits that are simply amplified when both of them come together.
At Algoscale, we developed a SaaS-based platform for one of our clients using the incredible combination of Django and Python. We implemented Agile methodology to ensure the secure and swift development of software that enabled the client to streamline the submittal process.
Here’s everything you need to know.
A construction company prepares and sends submittals to demonstrate how every part of the project will be executed. These submittals are designed to minimize defects and misunderstandings that may arise during the construction process. However, the submittal process is not just long-drawn-out but also involves extensive research. Our client in the construction business has to browse through the websites of hundreds of manufacturers to understand the proposal.
Consequently, our client required a product that delved into these industry concerns by crawling specific websites and collating data in accordance with the requirements, thereby displaying timely and accurate information.
In alignment with our client’s needs, a centralized repository was built that stored the varied artifacts. The repository automatically grew, each time a new artifact was discovered. Next, we designed an inbuilt submittal editor using APIs. An AI-powered web crawler was also activated by leveraging computer vision to analyze data from the designer’s specifications. This helped the client to locate the most appropriate matches, offer competitive options to distributors, and enable quick document markups.
The result: Our client was able to drastically streamline the bid submittal process. Our software reduced the bid preparation time by 75%, reduce the cost of acquisition, and enhance the number of bids to be processed. In fact, the client was able to submit higher-quality bids while focusing on customer service and core business operations.
Django Python web development is considered great for business. The two technologies are highly scalable, secure, and quick, resulting in high-quality web product development. A lot of businesses are leveraging Django and Python to develop data science apps as they include the necessary tools for scientific computing, numerical analysis, statistics, and more.
At Algoscale, we can help you develop your unique custom software to match your business needs. Our experts possess wide-ranging expertise and experience in Python Django and can help you empower dynamic web applications. You can reach out to us to discuss your precise business requirements.